What your Spokane, WA dentist is doing to ensure a safe dental visit during Covid-19
Dental offices have a long history of effectively dealing with infectious diseases and putting in infection control guidelines. So, we at Richard D. Weigand, DDS, were in a great position to build upon guidelines issued, as the Governor embarked on the Safe Start phased approach to recovery.
We want to reinforce to all of our dear patients and their families that we are adhering to the guidance issued by the Office of the Governor, and supported by the Washington State Dental Association, in resuming non-urgent dental procedures. We are taking every precaution to assure a safe dental visit during Covid-19 for Spokane, WA area residents who may be anxious or apprehensive about patronizing medical practices and other businesses as they reopen.
For your peace of mind, we are sharing some of the safety precautions that you can expect to experience during your visit:
- Dr. Richard Weigand will exercise his clinical judgment from the get-go, to determine if the risks of the visit outweigh the benefits, based off of each patient’s specific needs, medical history, and other characteristics, as well as the current environment (local prevalence of COVID-19 at a given time).
- Patients will be screened for symptoms as soon as they enter the office. We will take your temperature before giving you the OK to move forward with treatment. Knowing that everyone in the building has been screened for fever and other self-reported symptoms, gives you the confidence that the risk of disease spread has been minimized.
- Additionally, during check-in, every effort has been made to facilitate a low-touch or touchless experience. You may notice clear barriers, for instance, between you and our staff once you arrive, similar to plexiglass screens at the grocery or retail stores.
- Visitor access will be limited. We are also asking that visitors, like our staff, wear masks or facial coverings, and that you maintain social distancing of at least six feet.
- You will notice the dentist and staff wearing appropriate, sanitary patient protective equipment (PPE), such as masks, gloves, gowns, and goggles.
- Signage about and access to hand sanitizers and other disinfectants and cleaning aides will be abundant.
- Non-emergency procedures that produce aerosols will be managed or avoided; notably, after your cleaning, offices are generally forgoing the dental polishing due to the risks associated with aerosols that can travel over six feet and linger for hours. Do not worry – your teeth will still feel fresh and clean.
Of course, this is just a glimpse into the precautions our family is taking to assure your family’s safety. We are more than ready to see you soon. Call (509) 485-8620 to schedule your appointment at Richard D. Weigand, DDS, in Spokane, WA.Back to Blog Page