Laser dentistry is a technological advance that is changing how patients in Spokane, WA feel about oral care. With three of these innovative tools on site at Richard D Weigand DDS, patients enjoy more comfortable treatment with speedier healing. Dr. Weigand can deliver care with greater efficiency and accuracy. That makes laser dentistry a win for everyone involved.
Procedures aided by advanced laser dentistry
Dr. Weigand is one of only a few dentists in the area qualified to use dental lasers. He has completed many hours of training, and he maintains status as a Fellow of the World Clinical Laser Institute to offer minimally invasive treatment alternatives.
- Laser dental cleaning reduces need for manual scraping. This technique removes plaque and hardened tartar and kills harmful oral bacteria.
- Laser cavity detection. The device illuminates areas of decay hidden from view (such as between teeth or beneath old dental work), or too small to show in an X-ray or see with the unassisted eye. Early detection avoids toothache and results in smaller fillings.
- Laser filling preparation – Use of laser for cavities doesn’t end with detection. Dr. Weigand utilizes focused light energy to remove decayed tooth structure without drilling.
- Laser gum surgery – Dr. Weigand uses a soft tissue laser to treat gum disease with precision. Diseased tissue is removed and periodontal pockets around teeth are sanitized. This technique greatly reduces post-procedure sensitivity.
- Laser gum recontouring – Do you have a “gummy smile,” or uneven edges? Gum tissue can also be modified for cosmetic enhancement with laser dentistry.
- Laser frenectomy for adults – Waterlase dentistry is a brief and simple solution for tongue- or lip-tie.
Advantages of laser dentistry in Spokane, WA
- Minimally-invasive – With laser dentistry there is no cutting or suturing.
- Highly accurate, for reduced soft tissue trauma and preservation of healthy hard structures.
- Virtually pain-free. In many cases, numbing is not needed.
- Quicker treatment, so you spend less time in the chair.
- Little or no bleeding or swelling, since the device seals vascular tissue automatically.
- Fast recovery – Return to regular activities the next day and resume your normal diet.
Leading edge dentistry is beneficial for every patient. If you are in the Spokane, WA area, “laser dentistry near me” is close by at Richard D Weigand DDS. Call (509) 485-8620 to book an appointment.